To stay dedicated, consider organizing a book club with a few close friends. Build a fire at the hearth, serve luxurious coffees and teas and just take time to enjoy the opportunity to discuss your reading material with those on the same page.
Things for your first book club meeting (clockwise from top left):
- Biscotti, coffee and tea in a small buffet arrangement -- Starbucks & Cookworm.com
- Casual cream plates stacked near the snacks -- Pottery Barn
- Invite friends to join the book club with this classic, monogrammed note from Crane & Co. -- FineStationery.com
- A fire in the hearth and a decorative mantle will help to make the atmosphere more inviting -- Neiman Marcus
- Make these darling ribbon bookmarks and hand them out as favors -- Martha Stewart
- An agreed upon book -- Jane Austen novels are always a good place to start -- Barnes & Noble
- Cashmere blankets to cozy up on the couches -- Neiman Marcus
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger
The Time Traveler's Wife follows a Chicago librarian named Henry who suffers from a chromosome disorder that forces him into time-travel unexpectedly. The book presents snippets of Henry's relationship with his wife (who he meets when she is only 6-years-old as the result of one of his episodes). You'll travel with him through the years of their life as he visits her frequently, but not always in yearly-chronological order. A wonderfully unique story that is woven together with incredible talent.
by Emily Bronte
You'll be glad you have a group to help you through this sometimes tragic novel, but you won't regret taking away the lessons you'll find in it's pages. This classic story presents a deeper look into the human psyche and offers a unique perspective on true love.
The Twilight Series
by Stephanie Meyers
(I have to admit I was dead set against reading this much talked about series for fear of being labeled a teeny-bopper, but I'm thrilled that curiosity got the best of me.) Though targeted for the young adult market, this impactful story is quite the page-turner and the refreshing plot about vampires, unexpected love and strong family-ties will touch women of all ages.
by Nicholas Sparks
Perhaps the greatest love story I've ever read. The film adaption was a huge hit, but the book gives you a deeper look into the relationship between the two main characters and completes the story you'll grow to cherish.