Set the Stage for a Romantic Evening
- Place a few small tables around your living or dining room, setting them for two. Arrange a few votive candles in the middle of each table and type up menu cards for each place setting.
- Decorate your home’s entrance with a few strands of twinkle lights. Then, borrow a chalkboard from your child’s play area (or purchase a poster board) to create your “restaurant’s” sign. Write your restaurant’s name, “Happy Valentine’s Day” and "Tonight’s Special: Chicken Parmesan."
- Before your guests arrive, make a playlist of soft background music. Try “Romantic Italian Songs” by Sergio Franchi or keep things more upbeat with a selection of Michael Buble, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.
Keep it simple and savory:
- For the first course, serve Caesar Salad. If you’re feeling rather adventurous, try making your own Caesar dressing with this recipe from Bon Appétit magazine.
- Try this amazing Chicken Parmesan recipe from Giada De Laurentiis for the main course.
- Finish up with these cute and tasty pastries from Black Hound New York, available from Saks.com.