I am planning a 'Country Fair' themed wedding and want to make sure we stay on the side of fun casual and have some touch of coordinated ease. I was thinking bright colors, a photo booth instead of a guest book and games -- think bean bag toss, potato sack races and a cake walk -- in addition to a dance floor and a moon bounce.
My fiance hates traditional weddings, so we're looking to create an event where our friends and family can get to know each other and have a good time. I'd LOVE to see your ideas?
Wendy, I think this is such a fun wedding theme idea, especially for a laid-back and fun-loving couple.
- This blue border on this invitation by Prentiss Douthit is reminiscent of picnic blanket plaid but the pretty simplicity of the card makes it a suitable wedding invitation -- FineStationery.com
- A simple cotton dress like this halter frock would be perfect attire for the bride-to-be -- Anthropologie
- Serve fun country fair styled food like popsicles, cotton candy and popcorn -- Country Living magazine and BounceAroundLi
- Set up fair games for your guests to play during the reception like balloon darts, potato sack races, skeeball and milk bottle knockdown -- NJPicnics
- Use pennant garland and old-fashioned string lights to decorate -- Martha Stewart
- Have plenty of blue ribbons on hand to give out to the fair game winners -- Jamie Wilkes Trophies
- Instead of traditional wedding cake, serve cherry pie or, my favorite fair food, funnel cake -- Epicurious
- Set up picnic tables covered in gingham tablecloths for the reception dinner -- PartyRentalLTD
- For country fair styled ceremony seating, cover hay bales with thick white canvas and accentuate with wildflowers -- Martha Stewart
- For the bride's bouquet, consider hydrangeas or another blossom bunch straight from the garden -- The Knot