With the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire coming this August, what better way to get everyone excited for the event than by hosting a Renaissance Party beforehand.
Putting together a costume for the kids (and yourself!) is relatively easy. Simply find peasant blouses and layered flowy skirts for the girls and poet or pirate shirts and loose trousers cinched at the knee for the boys. Not only can you wear it to the party, but also to the faire itself.
Set up a craft table where the kids can make and decorate their own swords and shields or make flower crowns:
Flower crown Tutorial from One-Hour-Craft
Knight's shield Tutorial from eHow
Serve giant turkey legs, deli pickles on a stick, corn on the cob and other rustic finger foods like fruits and various cheeses. Remember to provide plenty of apple cider for the kiddies and fruity wine or tankards of ale for the adults.
- This natural Vine crown makes for a lovely headpiece -- etsy seller whichgoose
- Golden crown-topped cupcakes for dessert -- Kimmys Kakes
- Invite guests with this princess castle invitation by Bert & Harry -- FineStationery.com
- Costumed kids play ring-around-the-rosie -- Country Living
- Make tasty chicken drumsticks using this recipe -- MyRecipes.com
- A flag banner is a fast and easy decoration -- Martha Stewart
- Set up an apple cider stand complete with pewter goblets -- The Knot
- Carry this renaissance-style purse -- BuyCostumes.com
- Wear a crown ring to complete the look -- HJGreek