Ginger has been a mainstream flavor in recent years. What makes 2009 different is its use in an array of beverages. According to Epicurious.com “ginger is the new mint.” Add a new twist to your summer soirée by steeping fresh ginger into your brewed iced tea or by making your own homemade ginger ale. It’s sure to be a winner among your refreshment line-up.
- Make quick and easy homemade ginger ale. Go the extra step and garnish with fresh lime. – Mel Mel Cooking
- This summer refreshment invitation by Odd Balls works well for any informal get together. – Finestationery.com
- Carry the flavor throughout your meal by grating fresh ginger into marinades, sauces or dressings. Grilled Spicy Filet Mignon Salad with Ginger-Lime Dressing is a great alternative to the usual grilled chicken salad. – Bobby Flay for FoodNetwork.com
- Fresh ginger is also known for its many health benefits. - Martha Stewart Living
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with dark chocolate covered ginger. I was skeptical at first, but now I’m hooked on the sweet/spicy combo. – Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Add an exotic twist to any flower arrangement with one of the many species of ginger flowers. – 1-800-Flowers.com