Take a step into the sand, and a step back in time. A vintage seashore wedding is the perfect alternative for brides and grooms who want the fresh feeling of a beach wedding, but with all the elegance and charm of an earlier era. Nostalgic shells, muted colors and lace evoke the feeling of a romantic yet cheerful day at the beach during the turn-of-the-century. This inspiration board is inspired by Cape May, New Jersey, a Victorian styled seaside town on the Jersey Shore.
- This wedding cake is full of grandeur with pearls and mini scalloped seashells -- Martha Stewart
- Guests will easily find their seat and will have a unique souvenir when you use vintage postcards with seascapes as placecards. -Postcards are from the blogger’s personal collection, but retail stores can be found here.
- Drape the tables in muted striped fabrics, which are reminiscent of old-fashioned beachside cabanas -- Warm Biscuit
- Green and white floral arrangements on tables filled with antique gold place settings add elegance to your venue -- The Knot
- A flowing lace bridal gown was the choice for many Victorian brides, and is still a beautiful and comfortable choice in a slightly modern style -- Martha Stewart
- Serve fresh hors d’oeuvres on oversized scalloped shell dishes -- Martha Stewart
- Send these seashell wedding invitations by Checkerboard to give family and friends the first glance at your vintage beachside wedding -- FineStationery.com