I recently read an incredibly interesting article in the New York Times about pheasants and the bird's role as a rite of autumn in Scotland and the British Isles. Pheasant season in Scotland begins in early November and each hunting excursion is full of well-dressed shooters and countryside pageantry.
Image source via CountrySportScotland
Wild pheasant makes for a savory dish for dinner parties and the feathers can be used to create a really natural, rustic and outdoorsy tablescape perfect for a unique fall event.
- Invite guests to your dinner party with this pheasant themed note card -- FineStationery.com
- This pheasant headband will help to add some flair to your attire -- Etsy seller EmbellishedByJessica
- Set your table with this pheasant-themed dinnerware -- Pottery Barn
- These pheasant feather chargers will help to add texture to each place setting -- The Twiggery
- Fill a vase with pheasant feathers for an easy, yet eye-catching centerpiece -- Casa Sugar
- Serve pheasant with chestnut fennel fricassee -- Martha Stewart
- Hang a wreath filled with fall foliage and pheasant feathers on your door to set the theme for your party space -- Expressions Catalog
- Provide each gentleman with a pheasant feather boutonniere -- The Knot