Like a big pizza-pie...
-- Dean Martin
Now that we've settled into our new home and my morning sickness has passed, I'm finally feeling ready to formally entertain! I am hoping my first endeavor can be a Valentine's Day party for a group of our closest friends. The theme: "That's Amore!"
This Italian-styled love fest will be full of basil and garlic infused hors d'oeuvres (including mini pizza-pies), candlelight and, of course, music from the beloved Dino.
- Invite guests with an elegant invitation featuring a heart motif and lyrics from the song "That's Amore" by Dean Martin -- FineStationery.com
- Set up an "Olive You" (sounds like i-love-you) buffet -- Real Simple
- Decorate the entrance and interior of your home with string lights to create the ambiance of an authentic Italian bistro -- The Haystack Needle
- Serve miniature pizzas along with other Italian hors d'oeuvres -- Food and Wine Magazine
- Make a playlist of Dean Martin music to play softly in the background -- Eil.com
- Decorate the dining area with soft lighting, candles and bouquets of red roses -- Brides
- Serve Italian wine and champagne -- The Knot
- Place this "Amore" sign somewhere within your party space -- Dibor