We got our "first child" Finnegan, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, right after we were married almost five years ago. And until our son was born two years later, he truly was treated like our little baby (and may I add, he's still quite pampered today). Another photo of Finn was actually featured in Desire to Inspire's Pets on Furniture post from earlier this week-- check it out here!
If you are planning to welcome a furry friend into your family, consider hosting a puppy welcome party. Invite friends, family and other neighborhood pups to attend and extend a warm welcome to your new barking bundle of joy.
- This dog bowl cake by the talented Amber Mckenney is sure to be a crowd pleaser -- Flickr user Amber McKenney
- Purchase peanut butter flavored dog biscuits for your furry guests in the shape of ice cream cones -- Paws For Love
- Change this invitation to suit your pup by switching out the terrier motif to match her breed -- FineStationery.com
- For favors, stuff dog bone shaped cookies into baggies and attach tags that read " I hope you had a "dog gone" good time at my party!" - Martha Stewart and Etsy seller LePoppyDesign
- Bake cupcakes and embellish them with paw prints as another appropriate accent for the puppy theme -- Puppy Dog Heaven