For my family, Memorial Day weekend has always been the unofficial start of the shore season. The beach house is opened up for the summer and it’s time for sand, sun, eating crabs, and relaxing on the deck. With the holiday fast approaching, I wanted to share some seaside suggestions for a maritime inspired Memorial Day.
- Personalized melamine plates in red white and blue stripes are perfect for quick meals after a long day in the sun -- FineStationery.com
- Hurricane glasses filled with sand make for easy beach house decor. Try a patriotic color scheme with colored sand, or add starfish and raffia ribbon -- Hostess with the Mostess
- Plastic personalized tumblers are just right for sipping lemonade or refreshing cocktails -- FineStationery.com
- Invite family and friends to take part in your beach party with this stars, stripes and flip-flops invitation -- FineStationery.com
- Wrap grosgrain ribbon around cloth or paper napkins and adorn them with starfish or shells to really make your tabletop pop -- Hostess with the Mostess
- A day at the beach requires a sturdy tote for sunscreen, a book, snacks and a towel. This nautical themed bag is perfect for showing your passion for all things patriotic -- L.L.Bean