- Request that guests dress for dinner in Downton Abbey style -- RL Home Via Style Court
- Invite guests with a handwritten note on your finest stationery -- William Arthur via FineStationery.com
- Serve tea from your finest silver -- Antiques on North State Street
- Offer butlered hors d'oeuvres -- The Examiner
- Set a grand table for your guests -- Gypsy Purple Home Tumblr
January 4, 2013
Downton Abbey Premier Party
On Sunday, the only TV show I make time to watch returns for it's third season. Downton Abbey is full of interesting characters and thickening plot lines and has found quite a following. Invite friends over to watch the season's first episode with a Downton Abbey Premier Party and consider taking a cue from the show itself and go all-out for your guests. Set up an impressive dinner tablescape using your fine china, consider hiring a catering company to offer butlered hors d'oeuvres and pour tea from your finest silver. If there was ever a time to relish in a little excess, it would be best to do so in honor of welcoming back one of England's grandest families.