Backyard weddings can be incredibly beautiful and super sentimental. They also allow the hosts to improve their property with money that would otherwise be spent on a venue rental. In fact, I think many brides and their families would say there is a lot of fun in watching the transformation of such a familiar space into something extraordinary.
Here are a few ideas from around the web for how to dress up your backyard for your big day:
- Instead of putting up a standard tent, define your dinner space by draping gauzy fabric panels from the tent framing and add a few candlelit chandeliers. By doing so, you'll create a breezy space with a really romantic look and feel. -- Engaged and Inspired
- Another option would be to bring in potted trees to line a banquet style table. The branches will create a canopy of leaves from which you can hang candles or twinkly lights. After your event, plant the trees around your yard and enjoy them (and memories from your big day) for years to come! -- Weddings by Lilly
- Take the money you would normally spend on a venue and use it to add beautiful landscaping like a flagstone patio or formal gardens. Hang paper lanterns from the trees for extra pizazz. -- Wed Loft
- For your ceremony, forget the aisle runner and let the beautiful green grass line the way to the alter -- Wedding Chicks
- Rent a dance floor and have your first dance under the stars -- Green Wedding Shoes